Video marketing should be a component of every company’s digital content strategy. If you don’t have a strategy in place yet, you may want to pause for a moment and read Digital Marketing Success in 5 Easy Steps.
There are a multitude of reasons you need to start using videos. They can:
- Improve your website ranking on Google searches
- Make your content SEO friendly
- Increase social media followers and inspire those followers to engage with your posts
- Present your brand and its products in creative ways that appeal to your ideal audience.
A recent article by Hubspot highlighted the degree to which video is becoming the dominant online activity for most audiences, including business leaders. The statistics from that article should make you seriously consider expanding your video marketing:
10 Exciting Video Marketing Statistics
- Online video accounts for 74% of all web traffic. Click to Tweet
- 65% of viewers watch more than ¾ of a video. Click to Tweet
- 96% of B2B companies plan to use video in their content marketing over the next year. Click to Tweet
- 81% of people feature their video on their brand website. (On average, sites that include video have an extra two-minute dwell time when compared to sites that don’t). Click to Tweet
- 75% of business executives watch work-related videos at least weekly. Click to Tweet
- 59% of executives agree that if a page includes both text and video on the same topic, they prefer to watch the video. Click to Tweet
- 54% of executives share work-related videos with colleagues at least weekly. Click to Tweet
- Using the word “video” in an email subject line boosts open rates by 19% and increases click-through rates by 65%. Click to Tweet
- 93% of marketers use video for online marketing, sales and communication. Click to Tweet
- 52% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI. Click to Tweet
Video marketing can seem intimidating, especially to smaller companies, but in today’s digital world, it is not that hard to create interesting videos. Sites like Biteable and Animoto make it easy, affordable, and fun, for even the smallest companies to make videos.
If you are part of the 59% that enjoy video more than text, check out the video version of this article. I made it in less than half an hour on Biteable.
Article written by Kim Scaravelli, CEO, Trust Communications Inc.
Digital marketing is not just about technology. It is about creativity and innovation – content and connection. It is about understanding the best mix of content, platforms, and technologies, to grow your business. Today. And tomorrow. We would love to help your brand succeed.
We invite you to book a FREE ONE-HOUR CONSULTATION with a digital strategy expert.